Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run
The Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run is a safe event where you can compete against others without having to meet them in person.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run date
May 13 – June 14, 2021
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Head to the online entry site and register for your preferred distance.
2. Head out and run that distance anytime during the given time period.
3. Track your run and upload the completion at the result submit page.
4. Download your finisher certificate from the results list, share it on Facebook, and wait for your Finisher’s medal – and your t-shirt, if you ordered – to arrive via post.
+1. Stick to the actual rules and guidelines being in effect regarding the pandemic in your country.
Get the beautiful Run the Charming Budapest Finisher medal with rotating inner part!
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run distances
- Run the charming Budapest Marathon
- Run the charming Budapest 30 km
- Run the charming Budapest Half Marathon
- Run the charming Budapest 10 km
- Run the charming Budapest 5 km
- Run the charming Budapest 3 km
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run location
The location is optional, run the distance of your choice at your favorite location, or even on a treadmill.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run how to register
Registration is open only online through BSI’s online platform from 13 May 17:00 to 14 June 12:00, UTC+02:00
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run entry fee
The entry fee is the same for all distances.
Gift ENGRAVED Finisher medal (name, completion time) for all participants!
- Engraved medal: 33 EUR
- Engraved medal and t-shirt: 43 EUR
The registration fee includes:
- shipping costs
- a unique, downloadable bib with your name on it
- results list–for informational purposes only – results lists will be shared continuously from 16 June
- a downloadable certificate that can be shared on Facebook
- a Run the Charming Budapest finisher medal will be shipped out after the race, to the address provided upon registration
Order your special technical tshirt!
- to buy a unique technical t-shirt is an optional opportunity
- if you want to buy the tshirt, click to the Registration and choose the “Finisher medal + engraved medal insert + technical t-shirt” opportunity – scroll down to see the size chart
- your tshirt will be shipped at the same time with the medal
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run bib
Wearing a bib is not mandatory, however, if you really would like to feel the vibe of the race just click on the start list, find your name, download your bib from the right side of the list, print it, and pin it to your shirt. Click here for the start list.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run how to accomplish the distance
You can start the race on 13 May 00:00 UTC+02:00 at the earliest and you must finish it by 14 June 12:00 UTC+02:00 at the latest. You must run or walk the entire distance in one cycle, with one-time recording.
If you run a longer distance, stop for a moment at the distance selected upon registration and take a photo of your smartwatch or app then continue running. This way you can get the exact time of completing the 3 km, 5 km, 10 km, half marathon, or the marathon.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run time limit
There is no time limit, so you don’t have to run from the sweep bus 🙂
The distance can be completed by running or walking, the only thing to keep in mind is to do it in one cycle, with one-time recording.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run age limit
- Only the participants who were born before 13 May 2009 (12 years old and up) can participate in the half marathon distance.
- Only the participants who were born before 13 May 2005 (16 years old and up) can participate in the 30 km distance.
- Only the participants who were born before 13 May 2003 (18 years old and up) can participate in the marathon distance.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run proof of completion
After completing the distance, please upload your time to the website dedicated to submitting the results until 14 June 12:00 UTC+02:00, at the latest.
To be able to successfully submit your results you need to provide the following information:
– E-mail address
– Registration number (find it in the confirmation of your registration)
– Bib (find your bib in the confirmation of your registration)
– The distance of your choice
– Finish time
– Proof of completing the distance
You may verify your results by the following methods (choose one):
1. By sharing a PUBLIC link to your training (e.g. Strava, Endomondo). Don’t worry, your training will not be shared anywhere, it is needed for verification purposes only.
2. By uploading a photo that clearly shows the details of your training (distance and finish time). You can take a screenshot of your phone showing your results on the exercise app, or take a shot of your smartwatch or the treadmill’s display. The only thing that matters is that the picture must clearly show the accomplished distance and the finish time. Don’t worry, your photo will not be shared anywhere, it is needed for verification purposes only.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run results, prizes, gifts
At the event no prizes will be awarded to the participants-a results list will be created for informational purposes only. Results lists will be shared continuously from 16 June. Final results lists will be compiled based on the provided finish times-not all submission will be examined but any submission may be randomly inspected based on the uploaded proof. Clearly unrealistic results will not be part of the results lists. Every participant is responsible for the accuracy of the data they provide.
All participants will be mailed a beautiful Run the Charming Budapest medal – the medal has a rotating inner part. Medals will be shipped to the participants after the event to the address provided upon registration. Optional ordered tshirts will be shipped on the same way, together with the medals. We kindly ask you to enter a valid address where the package can be delivered!
If the completed distance is longer than the previously selected distance, you need to submit the final time of your run, not the split-time needed to accomplish the original distance. If you run a longer distance than the distance you originally registered for, please split your training in two or stop for a moment to take a photo of the app or smartwatch, and only upload to the website the time and proof for the original distance.
If using GPS, we recommend that you check whether the GPS works correctly before and during the run.
There is no separate category for participants in a wheelchair or handcycle during the race.
Bring your cellphone with you in case you need help during the race. This is not a regular BSI event, first aid and medical assistance will not be provided–you need to be able to resolve any problem that might happen during the run.
It is NOT RECOMMENDED to listen to music or any other devices plugged into both ears because you are unable to hear noises from outside.
Run the Charming Budapest Virtual Run information regarding the pandemic
In this time of emergency, we kindly ask you to adhere to the current rules and regulations of your country regarding the social distancing and use protective equipment while training outdoors.
Please accomplish the selected distance without help!